Sunday, March 20, 2011

You've got to keep your mind wide open.

Two posts in a day means that I rock, right? :)  Today, I went to my gf's house to get my winter stuff I left there before going to Brazil so I could start moving... and after we HAD to celebrate with sushi, for the old times...

Ok don't look so surprise. It's like a to-go sushi... why do I need to cut my sushi anyway, if I can grab it and eat it while walking right? It's def that, not that we're broke or anything like that.

Suellen... don't know what would be of be without her! She was my rommie last year for like a month but I feel like I've known her for AGES.

So we walked around Chinatown in Buenos Aires (our fav spot ever), chat and had a bit of girlie time (aka talked about men; maybe she did that more than me... she has 3 men fighting over her, and I'm single by option. It's not like I don't have time to go out and meet anyone). 

After that, came home and crashed. Woke up with my mom walking in. She decided to spend the day touristing instead of helping me move to my new apartment. Smarty pants. So we went for dinner. Besides wine, of course, we had:

Mom's choice. She has to have red meat with anything she's eating. Sigh.

I went with the veggie sandwich... carrots, eggs, hearts of palm, tomato, lettuce, asparagus, olives. No sauce. 'Cause salad is delicious the way it is. Ended up leaving both breads on the plate... 

Tomorrow, gonna wake up and go to Puerto Madero for a run. I think I'm gonna get my subway card with me so I can just run straight up without getting worried about coming back and trying to track the miles while looking for a way to get back. If you don't know it, I always change the route. I get bored pretty easily, it takes a lot of effort to keep this mind of mine busy... so what I do it I look up on google maps some interesting place and see more or less how many miles I would run to get there and back... and from that I try to trace a way on my mind and just go with the flow. Maybe, while running, I find a more interesting place and just take a different turn. Because of that, I always get lost... but that also made me find out about awesome cool places I had no idea existed and now are my favorites. For example... last year, I used to live really close to the Hippodrome here. And I knew it was close by and I new that it was huge... what I didn't know was that they had this gigantic park right in the middle of it but you can't see it from the front. Like this:

I used to live right on the A stop. While running, I would follow this blue like but right by the Av. Del Libertador I would turn left. Always. I don't know why... 'till one day, I decided to go straight and I found all this amazing parks right by my house... it blew me away...

So what I'm saying is don't be afraid of changes! It doesn't matter if what you have is great, always have an open-mind for new things... new foods, new cultures, new languages, new ways, new routes, new experiences, new hobbies... have baggage to talk about things you've tried, things you still wanna do. You might feel amazed about what the world out there has to offer you. :)  I've lived in 3 different countries and I can say that it still is one of the best things I've ever done up to date. Meeting new people means learning more about yourself. I always say that is in the contrast, in the differences that you start to find out your truly being... it's hard to define the "you" you are while everybody else around you speaks the same language, likes the same kind of movies, grew up doing the same things! Once you start to meet people who have had a whole different way of living for their whole life is that you're gonna start to finally realize who you are. Let the new begins!

You're moving to a new country right now. Where is it?
Japan!

Do you consider yourself an open-minded person?
I think I do! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great way to eat sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're shaking up your running route! I need to do that more often... I find one that I'm comfortable with and it's so hard to do anything different.

    If I was moving to a new country it would probably be somewhere like Ireland or England so I wouldn't have to deal with any language barriers. I'm lazy like that!

    And to answer your questions... usually I try to go for a walk on my rest days but I didn't do that this week. Maybe today? I ran 9 miles yesterday so today is another rest day. I'm at my parents house which is in a small town about an hour drive from the city where I live. I love how quiet it is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lisa: It sure is!! It's practical and we don't have to worry about chopsticks or anything like that! Besides, it just tastes just as good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura: Let me know if you try out a new routine... I'm sure you're gonna that little extra effort to run more miles! At least it's what happens to me!

    haha Really? I would never move to a country that speaks any language that I already know!!!! I love learning new languages... the harder, the better!

    Hope you're enjoying your time at your parents' house! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread it!