Saturday, March 12, 2011

Countdown.

Some pretty hectic days... I'm leaving on Monday and, despite the fact I've been here since December, I obviously decided to do every single thing I was supposed to now, which leave me stressed out of my little mind. The good part is that the good bye hang outs started, so I got to have tons of good times :) 

To begin with, I baked a sick chicken with veggies on Thursday that blew me away - ok maybe it wasn't even that good, but it's a huge accomplishment for me to cook anything different than whatever you throw on a pan and wait 5min :)

Baked chicken (passed on an egg then whole wheat flour), onions, sweet potatoes (the brazilian ones are different than the ones in the US), onions and broccoli :)

Later on on Thursday, my ex boyfriend and my girl friend picked me up so we could hang a bit... wine, chocolate and hooka? Sign me up!

Haven't had wine in ages... it reminded me how much red wine is heavenly. 

Hooka! :D

Sara (the hooka's owner). She's 16 but oh well it's legal and it didn't have nicotine in it. We got cantaloupe flavor :)

Pedro.

Moi :)

Sara's brother is one of my best friends ever and he's living in Ireland... so we included him in our get together :)

The one I've known since I can understand myself as a human being.

White chocolate... 'cause it's bad for us and we deserve it.

Also, yesterday my friends were "djing" a party called Battle of 80's x 90's... it was a back to back and we had SO much fun... I should have grown up on the 80's... it has me written all over it. 

Today, I woke up with a HUGE GIGANTIC pms (again? I know right?), I got a box of chocolate and proudly ate almost all of it for breakfast.

They're still calling my name, but I'm playing deaf. 

I felt so bad after eating them... I don't know if it's pms or what, but I still feel pretty bad when I eat something like "bad". Twisted mind of mine, behold little dude! I feel like I have progressed with my behavior towards  food, but sometimes I'm not so quite sure... Ok, really deep stuff now, last year I was having serious case of anorexia, then bulimia. Somehow, I've managed to cope it with exercising but it's still pretty hard for me to not be scared of food all the time... I keep avoiding the "bad" stuff only to find myself binging on them later on. I don't consider the chocolate thing really a binge but it was definitely comfort eating. Stupid hormones, would you guys just quit playing tag already? 

By the way, this was one of the reasons why I chose to be a doctor... I know most people want to be a doctor to help others, but my motivation is pure egocentric (sorry Hippocrates), but I think that if one's isn't totally in tune with his own self he can't never be able to help anyone... at all. I still got lots to learn and I hope this year only gets better. 

To compensate my sugary breakfast, I had a veggie yummy lunch.

Arugula, spinach, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumber, green beans, okra, and tons of sesame and chia seeds. 

I'm still holding on to that lunch and I should be going to the gym right now, but I'm lame so I'm posting here instead to remind myself how much of a procrastinator I am.  

What do you guys crave most when you're pmsing? 
I never have pms... that's why I don't know how to deal with it pretty well. 

Do you guys feel bad after indulging on something you're pretty sure you had way too much of it?
All the time... I miss the times when eating was something done unconsciously, but, at the same time, I had no idea about all the deliciousness of tons of healthy stuff... so I guess everything comes with a price on it?

Favorite music?
Definitely anything 80's related. New Order, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Bowie, Duran Duran and the list goes on and on. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time with friends!

    The whole craving, good/bad foods and guilt thing takes a lot of practice to become healthy with.
    Perspective makes such a difference---looking at progress over the last year instead of being upset about an overeating of chocolate today...well, sometimes I do ok with that, and other times I don't!
    But I'm still practicing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bad I feel depends on what I've indulged on... if it's cereal or crackers or something like that, not so much. If it's that white chocolate bar of yours, well, that's a whole other story. White chocolate is my FAVORITE!!! I think my favorite music is slow and simple. Just a guy and his guitar, like John Mayer-style. Perfect for a Sunday morning, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lisa: I know, I still struggle with it to the point where I can't see any progress at all! Everything kinda goes blur and I can't help it but start blaming it all on me ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura: I know, right? I love white chocolate too!!! And it's sooooooooo pure hydrogenated oil, how can it tastes so good? :)

    And gal, John Mayer? He's like my favorite singer in the ENTIRE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete

Spread it!