Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Answering your questions!

So, as promised, I'm gonna answer some questions that have been popping out on my inbox lately!

Anonymous:  What are you gonna do after med school?
That's a great one... so, this kind of question actually has been asked A LOT, so I thought I'd take the time to answer it properly ;)  I go to med school for one reason: I love sports. You may not see the connection, and at points even I couldn't see it, but there is. It's true that I have to self-endure a bunch of stuff that I absolutely will never find any use in my life, but oh well, if that's what it takes, I'm all for it! So, as you all know, after med school I have to do my residency, and that will be for Sports Medicine.

Sports medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with physical fitness, treatment and prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise.

It's a very large branch and it usually involves injuries and I don't wanna work with that (that's why we have traumatologists for!). So, afterwards, I plan on specializing as an Exercise Physiologist.


Exercise physiology is the study of the acute responses and chronic adaptations to a wide-range of physical exercise conditions. In addition, many exercise physiologists study the effect of exercise on pathology, and the mechanisms by which exercise can reduce or reverse disease progression. Accreditation programs exist with professional bodies in most developed countries, ensuring the quality and consistency of education.
An exercise physiologist's area of study may include but is not limited to biochemistrybioenergeticscardiopulmonary function, hematology,biomechanicsskeletal muscle physiology, neuroendocrine function, and central and peripheral nervous system function. Furthermore, exercise physiologists range from basic scientists, to clinical researchers, to clinicians, to sports trainers.

And this, ladies and gentleman, is my dream job. I want to study the bodies responses to different kinds of exercises and how nutrition can affect it. Surreal, right? Although I'm a loooong way to get there, knowing what I want and what I have set on my mind helps me to keep focused. Med school is no joke. Most of the times, I'm moody, stressed, sleepless and all the sorts you can imagine... Just so you can picture it, these were my books for the FIRST SEMESTER:


If you don't have some sort of goal planned ahead of time, you will never EVER make it through. Tough but rewarding... kinda like running, right? ;) 

Julie: Did you know any spanish before you moved to Argentina? 
Nope! Not a single word! But when I moved to the US I didn't know any english either lol. I don't like to think too much about stuff like that, because I end up not doing it like ever... so if I have this crazy idea and this awesome opportunity, I'm taking it! I don't care what it takes, if it's gonna be hard, lonely, whatever. It was not easy moving to the US... I had to leave my family and friend of many many years behind... I got homesick for about 3 months straight, I'd start crying out of nowhere for no reason! So when I moved to Argentina, it was kind of easier because I was already used to live by myself, ya know? But the language... ohhh, the language! You'd think it'd be easier because portuguese and spanish are both latin languages, but darn it, it wasn't! I've been here for almost 2years and a half now and I'm really ashamed of my spanish skills (hence why my facebook and blog are all in english lol). I do manage to live, obviously, because I need to go to school and all that, but most of the books I read are in english; I've unplugged my tv so I have no contact with argentinian media; all the shows I watch are either in english or korean and I've never taken spanish classes. Some people have requested me to start blogging in spanish or portuguese and I've been considering this for some time now... maybe I'll do it once in a blue and see how it goes ;) 

Anonymous: ilove ur pics soo much! u're really pretty and you inspire me!!! 
Aww that's the sweetest thing ever! THANK YOU! People like you motivate me to keep going even through hard times... if I can inspire one single person, I'm happy! :D 


About today... spinning instructor interview went GREAT! I have a class on Monday to see how it goes and then hopefully they're gonna hire me <3 Sooo excited to finally be able to teach spinning again! The manager is really awesome, the interview was amazing, the spinning room looks more like a nightclub, it has tons of different lights and stuff like that... CAN'T WAIT! 

When you think about not working out, think about why you started it in the first place! Think about how great you're gonna feel afterwards, how rewarding it'll be for your body and mind, how it's gonna affect your mood for the whole day... inspiration is ALSO a habit! We all have setbacks (I've had many!), so choose pages that you think inspire you, bookmark them and make sure you get your daily motivation in ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread it!