Friday, December 16, 2011

So, it has been so long I don't remember what vacations are anymore.

Yes, YES! I did it! I don't know how and I think I'm still high from it, but I've managed to pass every single exam and now I'm finally FREE! :D  It took everything I had, but darn it it was worth it! I basically hibernated for an entire week without even stepping outside the house to see sunlight. And, no, I'm not exaggerating. When I'm down to business with school matters, I'm all in. I don't know how to do things like normal people... like you do a bit of everything every day. No. I have to do nothing at all while I procrastinate everything else 'till the last minute. Always.

sourse from 9gag, the cool-kids version of that pinterest lamesauce page old people spend their days on lol. 


Now that's finally over, I've realized:

1) I haven't shaved for like... forever.
2) I haven't paid any bill since last month. 
3) The dark circles around my eyes due to lack of sleep are so deep that I don't think they're ever gonna go away. And I've just noticed them now because...
4) I haven't looked in the mirror, like REALLY look for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Today, I almost had a heart attack when I noticed how destroyed my face is.
... and last, the saddest one...
5) I haven't run in... oh gosh it hurts to say it... a whole... week. I know, who am I?

So, all this time while I was studying, not sleeping, leaving off oatmeal and greek yogurt all I could think of was:


-"I'm never gonna do this again",
-"If I ever make it through this test, I'm never gonna procrastinate EVER again",
-"When this is all over, the last thing I'm gonna do is stay home",
-"The first thing I'll do is run like there's no tomorrow".


So, today is officially my second day of vacation. Do you know what I did so far? Let me see if it's gonna fit in only one post:

NOTHING.


It's been 2 days and I haven't left the house. I haven't been at the gym. I haven't met with my running group. I haven't been to the saloon, or to pay my bills, or to the market for the matter, since I have no food at home.
No.
All I did was:
Wake up.
Turn on the computer.
Sleep.
Repeat. 

I know I'm exhausted from having a test every week since October and that I should give myself a break, but still... it frustrates me to stay home just being lazy and not enjoying every single second of my so desired vacation. In my defense, I have a total acceptable excuse. The koreans have slaved me. I don't know what they do, but I'm pretty sure those koreans are up to something. Their k-dramas are so addictive that, once I start watching one, I can't stop until I'm done with the whole thing. Just so you can get a picture of it, I've watched a whole season of Secret Garden (a korean show), which has 20 episodes of 1h each in 2 days. How on god's creation I did that, I still don't know. Yesterday, I started watching a new show called Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, which is actually currently airing in Korea and it has 13 episodes so far. I've watched the whole thang. I mean, seriously. I was never into the whole Korea thing before, I've always been really into mangas and animes, but they were all japanese. I've also taken japanese classes for about 1 year and a half now. But Korea has been growing on me after all this shows I now I'm actually so excited to get a chance to go there someday :)

I know this is a total random post which no one probably cares about (have you ever seen any american watching anything that it's not in english? lol), so I'm just gonna keep being lame while I watch another korean show and wonder when will my life begin.

One of my favorite scenes <3

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing all of your exams!! And on doing nothing... it's hard for a busy bee like yourself so just enjoy it while it lasts! You'll be up and running again before you know it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura: Thanks! heh Hey, are you really moving to the US? I think I commented that on your blog but it isn't there anymore D:

    ReplyDelete

Spread it!